The Camrose Curling Club
Curling has been a part of the sporting scene in Camrose since the club was formed in 1911. The original club had 67 members and the annual membership fee was $10.00. The original building on this site was a covered skating rink with a sheet of curling ice down each side. In those days, it was custom for each curler to own his own rocks. In 1914, following a heavy snowfall, the arena roof collapsed. A new rink was the constructed on the corner of 49th Avenue and 46th Street.