Grand Trunk Wooden Trestle Railway Bridge
Camrose was a hub for railway activity, beginning in 1905 with service being provided by the Canadian National, the Canadian Pacific, and the Grand Trunk Pacific railway companies. The Grand Trunk Pacific began construction on a rail line from Tofield to Calgary in 1908. That rail line required a wooden bridge to be built over the Stoney Creek (Mirror Lake) at this location. The first train passed over the bridge on February 5, 1910 and arrived at the new station near 50th Avenue and 53rd Street (Mirror Lake Centre site area).