Present Highway 13/48 Avenue Bridge
Prior to 1949, Highway 13 took a much different route through Camrose. Eastbound traffic wishing to cross Mirror Lake in order to access the downtown area was required to turn north at 54th Street onto a two-lane bridge located on the same site as today’s walking bridge. A right turn (eastbound) on 48A Avenue moved traffic to Main Street. The present 48 Avenue Bridge was not completed until 1949.