Coronavirus Information for Camrose
July 8, 2020
Households in Camrose can now Operate and Attend Garage and Yard Sales
Households in Camrose can now operate and attend garage and yard sales, with the following health and safety precautions to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19.
The person hosting the garage sale is ultimately responsible for ensuring that orders of the Chief Medical Officer of Health Orders are followed at the sale. Hosts must:
- Place the Alberta “Please Do Not Enter If” sign to advise shoppers not to enter the sale if they are experiencing symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19, and to remind them of physical distancing expectations and hand hygiene
- Provide hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- Maintain the cleaning and disinfection of common, high touch surfaces and frequently handled items
- Plan the sale to allow for spacing of at least 2 metres between people of different households
- Encourage shoppers to avoid unnecessary handling of items.
The host should implement appropriate controls for their setting, such as:
- Spacing tables far enough apart to allow 2 metres of distance between shoppers as they browse
- Limiting the number of shoppers at one time
- Directing traffic flow within the sale using signs, ropes, floor decals or other markers, including single entrances and exits.
June 16, 2020
The State of Local Emergency has ended
At the Regular Council Meeting on June 15th, 2020, Council voted to end the State of Local Emergency (SOLE) as a result of having a period of no active cases in Camrose and the City’s ability to manage the current state without the declaration in place. If there is a change to the COVID-19 situation in Camrose, the City is able to recall the SOLE. We urge citizens to continue following the guidelines and orders of the Chief Medical Officer of Health and practice physical distancing and frequent hand washing.